Te Runanga O Whaingaroa is a mandated Iwi organisation of which has an operational service delivery arm, focused on providing Whanau Ora holistic services to all resident families/whanau and individuals seeking assistance in our geographic area.
We deliver across social, health, education, housing, justice and information/advice and advocacy services to all families/whanau in our service delivery area. These include Social Work supports, Budgeting, Transitional Housing, Whanau Ora planning, Access Support for tamariki in care, pre-employment preparation and placement services, Counselling, Puna, Driver Licensing,
We are looking for an energetic, pro-active, and passionate person to fill a role for six months (with potential for long term) in our Social Services team.
You will be required to work closely with whanau within the community and transitional housing complexes.
• Experience working with whanau with high and complex needs
• Knowledge of Kaeo / Whangaroa rohe
• Able to work with and engage well with all ages
• Able to build strong relationships and networks with other support services and community links
• Strong report writing skills and case management
• Knowledge and experience in Care and Protection Social Work
• Good knowledge of Oranga Tamariki Act 1989 and its Family Court processes
• Good understanding and knowledge of Tikanga and Kaupapa Maori
Preference to those who hold:
• Bachelor of Applied Social Work qualification (or equivalent degree recognised by the Social Workers Registration Board)
• Registered with SWRB or ANZASW (or in progress of)
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
f you think you are right for this role, then please send your CV, applicaton form and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference: Social Worker Vacancy A full Job Description and application form can be obtained by contacting the Runanga Applications close 5pm Friday 15th June
Contact: Dominique Belz – 09 4050340
Smoking Cessation Advisor
Purpose of the position
To deliver cessation support services and promote Smokefree and quit messages to Whanau within the rohe and promote a social and physical environment, which improves and protects people’s health by reducing the harm from tobacco use and exposure to environmental tobacco smoke.
- Lead smoking prevention activities in the community by being active and visible within the community and providing leadership on reducing smoking
- Encourage and facilitate smokers to quit smoking by collaborating on initiatives focused on increasing quit attempts, improving access to cessation support and reducing smoking prevalence
- Provide education and support for individuals to quit smoking and ensure public health in general is promoted at every opportunity as well as in own programme.
- Reduce the public health risk of environmental tobacco smoke.
- Maintain data entry and quality case notes are regularly entered into the Ara Whanui database
Knowledge Skills and Experience
A working knowledge of the smoking cessation programme, and what resources are available for individuals who wish to cease smoking.
Excellent relationship development and maintenance Skills.
Please apply with CV, completed application form and cover letter by emailing or post – PO Box 88, Kaeo, Far North 0448.
A full Job Description and application form can be obtained by contacting the Runanga Applications close 5pm Friday 15th June
PH: 09 4050340